Call For Speakers
Calling All Event Industry Professionals!
EventLNK, Lincoln’s largest group of professional event planners and suppliers would like to welcome event industry professionals to submit content for an open call for speakers and presenters covering 2019 and 2020. Each submission will be vetted by EventLNK’s executive board and matched to our upcoming schedule by topic. This includes our upcoming 2020 inaugural event industry conference.
We are looking for innovative content covering a variety of topics geared to both the seasoned event professional along with those in our industry just beginning their journey in events.
Multiple topic submissions are encouraged! However, each topic must be submitted in an individual request with complete information in order to be considered.
If you would like to host a meeting for our group please let us know.
- Introductory Meeting at Top Shelf Beverage
- Hosted a Special Interest Group with AMA and provided a panel of speakers selected by EventLNK, held at The Champions Club
- Launch Meeting with Social Media topic, presented by Tyler Thomas of UNL, held at Courtyard by Marriott
- Use of Lighting and Audio at events, presented by J&S Audio Visual, held at Venue Too
- Contract Negotiation, presented by Danise Brownlee of HelmsBriscoe, held at James Arthur Vineyards
- Lincoln Chamber of Commerce Savor the City event, held at The Champions Club
- Tax Tips for Event Planners, presented by Steve Drzaic of NE Dept of Revenue, held at Cornerstone Printing
- Constant Contact presentation by Joy Marshall, held at Holiday Inn Downtown
- Round Table Topics, held at Lincoln Children’s Zoo
- Joined the City of Lincoln's Special Event Committee meeting, held at Parks & Recreation Offices
- Tour of Blooms and Bouquets with conversation topic of "Do it Yourself Decor"
- Meeting and Event Marketing, presented by Steve Maly of Maly Marketing, held at Catalyst
- Tour of Railyard and the new Hyatt Place Hotel
- Tour of the Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center
- Finding the right speaker for your event presented by Barry Carlson, President - MidAmerica Speakers Bureau, held at Talent Plus
- Floral and Event Design presented by Conrad Quijas, Co-Owner - Stem Gallery
- Wine Tasting Class presented by Katie Rhone, Boisset Wine
- Living and tour of the Grand Manse event and lodging properties
- Tour of the newly renovated event space and rooms at the Cornhusker Marriott with sampling of Chef's choice catering
- Planning a Zero Waste Event, presented by Julie Diegel, Director of Sustainability Programs - WasteCap Nebraska
- Road Map to a Successful Fundraiser: Speaker Panel:
Ali Schwanke, Marketer & Creative Strategist
Clover Frederick, Fundraising & Marketing Consultant
Jaime Henning, Director of Corporate Relations and Events - Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
Randy Hawthorne, Publisher & Executive Director - Nonprofit Hub
- Networking and a tour of Nonprofit Hub
- Presentation by Derek Feyerherm, Sales & Operations Director - Lincoln CVB with a tour of Hilton Garden Inn in the Haymarket
- Savor the City Event - Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, showcase of local caterers, held at the Champions Club
- Company Outings held at Roca Berry Farm
- Planning your holiday party, held at The Space
- Art & Soul presentation and tour
- Company Outings, held at Escape Room Lincoln
- Choosing the Right Menu Presentation by Attitude on Food
- Tour of Outdoor Venues with Lincoln Parks & Recreation and transportation provided by Arrow Stage Lines
- Presentation by the UNL HRTM Program Faculty, held at The Talon Room
- Destination Events: Presentation by Derrick Eells - TenDot, held at Sheldon Museum of Art including reception and tours of museum
- Tour of Blue Blood Brewing Co. with a presentation by Umbrella Photography
- Tailgate Parties: Classy not Trashy, held at the UNL Wick Alumni Center
- Giving Back: How to incorporate charitable giving and/or volunteering into your event held at Lincoln Firefighters Hall
- Make an Impact: Presented by Melissa Ryks-Schock, Owner - Blooms & Bouquets, held at Rock Island Social Club
- Using Audio Visual & Lighting to Create Wow-Factor, presented by Inspirmedia and held at Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed
- Networking with tour, provided by Susan Coffey, of Suite One Eleven, a new and contemporary, chic boutique style event space that is an ideal venue for ALL of life's special occasions
Tour of Capitol View Winery & Vineyard with wine tasting and presentation by Corey Rourke Photography
- Tour of Lancaster Event Center and presentation about the history, recent improvements and future plans of the Lancaster Event Center by Managing Director, Amy Dickerson
- Tour of the Graduate Hotel, hand-crafted boutique hotel located in the heart of Lincoln and presentation by General Manager, Troy Terwilliger
- Tour of the Boy Scouts of America Outdoor Education Center located near 120th and O Street. A beautiful venue for corporate retreats, team building and strategic planning events.
- Presentation by Farce & Foolery Productions and tour of the Country Club of Lincoln
- Coffee Tasting with The Mill Coffee & Bistro followed by a tour of Innovation Campus
- Warehouse tour and presentation at Elite Events Rental
- Networking at Ironhorse Bar with presentation from Umbrella Photo Booth
- Tour of the Lied Center and a presentation from Vision Exhibits
- Tour of the remodeled Royal Grove with education about booking live performances from Astra Concerts and integrating lighting into your events with Inspiremedia Productions
- Tour of FUSE Co-Working followed by a networking happy hour
- Tour of Roca Ridge Events with a live performance by Melody Wranger Trio
- 1st philanthropic event - painting at the Friendship Home
- Tour of the Scottish Rite Masonic Center
- Tour The Nebraska Club and learn DIY Fall floral arrangements by Field's Floral.
- Tour of Embassy Suites with sample appetizers and networking
- How to Turn Food into Art at The Event Space at 5550
- Tour of Wilderness Ridge and information on venue rentals & golf tournament packages
- Tour of the Apothecary Lofts and The Ridnour Room, with a presentation from Elite Events Rentals focusing on decor trends and current and future event trends presented by Dr. Kristen Malek
- Finding the Perfect Caterer for Your Event with tour of Virtual C Collaboration Center
- Tips on Contract Negotiation (speaker panel) with tour of The Cornhusker Marriott
Speaker Panel: Sharon Endorf, NE Assoc. of School Boards; Christie Higgins Wilcox, JD, Union Bank & Trust; Dan Jones, The Cornhusker
- 2nd Annual Philanthropic Event - sorting and packaging food at the Food Bank of Lincoln
- From design to printing/production, distribution, and custom backdrops, Firespring can help bring your event to life.